Motorsport - About
Racing is in Beric Lynton's blood. Bruce Lynton himself has raced for many years with Beric growing up in the pit area. Bruce has raced in categories including Production Car, Sports Sedans, open wheelers and historic cars. Bruce competed in the Bathurst 1000, driving an Alfa Romeo. Bruce also won the Queensland Sports Sedan Championship. Beric was eager to get into racing as a teenager and as soon as he finished university he was able to turn his dreams into reality and embark upon his racing career. His impressive car collection has ranged from: BMW M3, BMW M3R, BMW 323i, MINI Cooper S JCW Challenge Car and Holden HQ. In 2012 he built, together with legendary designer, Ralph Bellamy, a BMW 1M. The BMW 1M race car was the first of its kind in the world. Since then Beric and Ralph have built their latest toy, a BMW M3 Coupe.
Beric's race team has competed in over 200 races Australia wide gaining 16 wins, 59 podiums along with 3 pole positions including the Bathurst 24 Hour Race, multiple Australian Performance Car Championships, Australian Production Car Championships, MINI Challenge and the Bathurst 12 Hour. He looks forward to achieving the same level of success, if not more, in their newly built BMW M3 that they have enjoyed over the years in the world’s first BMW 1M.
Beric's race team was the overall and Class A champions from 2016 for the Australian Production Car Series and we were also the Class winners in the Bathurst 12 Hour 2015.
Racing career highlights
- Class winners in the Bathurst 12 Hour 2015.
- Overall and Class A champions from 2014 & 2016 for the Australian Manufacturers Championship.
- Class A 2014 Endurance Championship.
- Race and Round win in Australian Manufacturers’ Championship 2012, 2013 & 2014.
- Winner of the Bathurst 12 Hour in Class C 2011.
- Australian Production Car champion in Class I 2011.
- Second in Bathurst 12 Hour Race – Class A 2007, 4th Outright.
- Second in Australian Performance Car Championship 2006. Third in Australian Performance Car Championship 2005.
- Third in Bathurst 24 Hour Race – Class F 2003. First in Bathurst 3 Hour – Class S 1998.
- Australian GT Production Car champion in Class D 1997.
- Third in Australian GT Production Car Championship – Class D 1996.
- Overall and Class A champions from 2016 Australian Production Car Series.
- 2nd in Class 2016 Bathurst 12 Hour.
- Pole Position 2016 Bathurst 6 Hour.
- 7th outright, 4th in Class 2016 Bathurst.
- 4th outright & 4th in class 2017 Bathurst.